EFFECTS OF OTSOKRIKRI


In my last post I indicated that my friend and I were talking about the issue of the unusual intensity of solar radiation in our times. I assigned a cause to the situation we find ourselves in. In this post I am going to touch on the effects of Otsokrikri (hot weather).
Living organisms were designed to live comfortably under certain conditions including temperature levels. My friend and I did complain about the temperature level because it was above normal temperature level, and was making us uncomfortable. The following are two of the effects of the unprecedented hot times planet Earth is being subjected to:
EVAPORATION
Because of hot weather water bodies lose water. In fact hot weather leads to the drying up of water bodies. Water bodies contain living organisms, with water as their medium of life. Depriving them of water is depriving them of their lives. Whole communities depend on water bodies to get their potable water. Water bodies drying up deprives those communities of a basic necessity such as water.
DEHYDRATION
The constitution of the human body is largely water. In hot weather, as planet Earth is experiencing these days, one sweats a lot thus losing so much water from ones body. If the water lost through sweating is not replaced, and timeously too, dehydration occurs. I think in 2015 or so heat wave killed some people in India.
Knowing a cause (from my last post) of Otsokrikri and its negative effect on the natural environment, it is my hope that you and I as humans should review our activities to reverse the trend we are experiencing.    

Comments